This facility is designed to accommodate five general types of remotely controlled powered aircraft in 4 separate areas of the park.
- Radio controlled fixed wing, heavier than one pound on the main runway.
- Radio controlled fixed wing, one pound or less & R/C gliders North of the pit area.
- Radio controlled helicopters and drones, South of the pit area
- Control line flight in the designated U-Control circles
This facility does NOT accommodate free flight aircraft, Kites, rocketry of any kind; R/C cars or R/C trucks.
Radio Control Flight Rules
- All pilots must fly from one of the designated pilot stands.
- The frequency board will be used at all times and pilots must post their frequency usage with a card or I.D that contains their name or picture I.D.
- Open flying is restricted during scheduled events.
- No take offs and landings from the pit area, taxiways, or grass.
- 250 feet maximum flying altitude.
- Take-off and landings to be in the same direction according to the wind.
- Down-wind passes over the runway are prohibited when other aircraft are flying.
- Some sort of fuel recovery system must be used when fueling planes to avoid spillage.
- All pilots will follow taxiways directions as posted.
- Pilots will call out their intentions (landing, take-off, etc) and clear the runway quickly.
- There shall be no flying during facility mowing operations
- Flying over the Golf course, access roads or public roads is prohibited.
- Each type of aircraft must fly and pit within the area designated on the map for that type of vehicle. Fixed wing aircraft will have a standard left or right pattern depending on the wind.
**Pilots please note, the Field is closed to open flying during all Valley Flyers Events.
Failure to comply with these regulations may result in a citation, loss of flying privilege or both.
Pilots must check-in to participate. A valid VF Club membership and/or AMA membership is required.
Become a member, visit www.ValleyFlyers.com for more information.